Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact Search does not search past first word

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Contact Search does not search past first word

When I want to look up a company or contact (or for that matter any field I believe) It only searches the first group of characters.   Lets say I have companies like "home depot", and "office depot". I go Lookup->Company -> (replace lookup , look for  "depot"). I should get those two results, however I get no results.  If I search for home or office I get a result.

Is there any way to have fix this problem?  I have to use the keyword search if I want to find companies that have the word depot but it goes through all fields not just the one I want.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author mimmo_l
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Contact Search does not search past first word

The menu searches are all starts with, you would need contains or use a wildcard. Try %depot.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nickel Contributor

Have you tried using the wildcard?  Try a search for  "%depot"  without the quotes of course.

Matt

Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA
Solution
Accepted by topic author mimmo_l
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

The menu searches are all starts with, you would need contains or use a wildcard. Try %depot.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com
Tuned Listener

it is even worse than that. with a slow typing person (typically the boss), he can only type in one character, because any further charcter replaces the first one, he basically can not use the search function, i think he will also stop paying for ACT soon and all the other 20 ones.