Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact Name is blanked out when user performs lookup and the view is in edit mode

Contact Name is blanked out when user performs lookup and the view is in edit mode

I have one user that has had some issues with ACT 2009 Premium. Does a lookup of contact starts with or contains a name, her view comes up in Edit Mode. User claims that sometimes the name is blanked out. I have not been able to recreate the problem.

She has had several of her contacts, with blanks for the Name.

What we have done, Set the Contact field not to allow blanks and turned on the history.

We have about 35 users on this DB, DB is on a Windows 2003 Server, running 64 bit, SQL 2005.

It appears the problem started about a month ago.

Users and Supervisor is claiming that its ACT corrupting the DB. SQL is not showing any errors.

Still wondering if this may be a user problem, since only one user is having the problem.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Contact Name is blanked out when user performs lookup and the view is in edit mode

If you perform a 'Lookup > All Contacts' and sort by name, are there blank contact names listed?

Has the user tried taking the Contact List view out of Edit Mode and then performing their work/lookups? Do they still get blank contact names...
Greg Martin
Sage

Re: Contact Name is blanked out when user performs lookup and the view is in edit mode

Greg

Yes, we have lots of Blank Contacts.

We had the user take the List View out of edit mode. This should prevent the Contact Field being blanked out. If the user searches for blanks or no data they come up

I took over the ACT Support about 1 year ago. This happened after a so called "ACT Expert" tried to convert our DB from version 6. We had to scrap the entire conversion. My Tech Staff then performed the conversion.

The Users are suppose to clean up the Duplicates and the Blank Contact Names. Most of the Blanks in the contact field are Companies. These were setup in Version 6

In ACT 2009 there are special categories for companies