Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact List View - Crashes ACT in APFW when clicked

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Contact List View - Crashes ACT in APFW when clicked

I'm running Sage ACT! Premium 2011 for Web Version 13.1.111.0 on Windows Server 2008 SP2.

When logged in using the web interface, if I click on Contacts > List View, it crashes and takes me out to the login screen.  This is for any user as I have tried several.  It will crash using Internet Explorer or Chrome.  It will not crash if I log into the server and do the same.  I have done the Database Maintenance > Check and Repair.  There are no blank contacts.  If I click the Companies > List View it will not crash.  It's just the Contacts > List View.

When it crashes it displays the following at the top of the the APFW login screen...

"An error has occurred on the server and has been logged. Please contact your administrator if this problem persists."

I checked the log on the server under "Program Files > ACT > Act for Web > logs > ErrorLog.xls and do not see any recent entries.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?  I've done some searching in the Community and not found an answer.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author david76
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Contact List View - Crashes ACT in APFW when clicked

[ Edited ]

Have you reset IIS on the web server?

You can try installing the latest hot fix for ACT! 2011 SP1. Here is the KB article link:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2744...

Also, please note that ACT! for Web 2011 is not supported on Chrome, IE9, or the current versions of Firefox (4.0 and higher).

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Super Contributor

Which version of IE are you using?

Have you tried setting up the demo for access through the web, and then accessing it as a test?
Greg Martin
Sage

I am using IE 8 (8.0.6001.18702) on XP.  I have tried on Chrome and Firefox as well.  I've also tried on multiple machines with the same result.

I installed the Demo database and put it up on the web.  It does the exact same thing.

Solution
Accepted by topic author david76
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have you reset IIS on the web server?

You can try installing the latest hot fix for ACT! 2011 SP1. Here is the KB article link:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2744...

Also, please note that ACT! for Web 2011 is not supported on Chrome, IE9, or the current versions of Firefox (4.0 and higher).

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Bingo!

Bringing ACT to "Sage ACT! Premium (Web) 2011 Version 13.1.111.0, Hot Fix 6" solved the issue.

Mr. Hollister, I thank you SO much for identifying the problem!