Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact Layout Design

Tuned Listener

Contact Layout Design

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Contact Layout Design

Your text did not display, this may be due to having upgraded to Internet Explorer 9. If this is the case, you will need to set the Community web page to 'Compatibility View'. To do this: access the Community and click on the 'Compatibility View' icon to the the right of the web address field.
Greg Martin
Sage
Tuned Listener

Ahh yes i am indeed using internet explorer 9. The Contact layout on my act database is getting rather busy is it possible to create a sub layout. for instance if one of my customer is paying via credit card is it possible to enter the details in a sub layout rather then having it in the main contact layout?

If not what would be the best way to deal with the amount of fields i need displayed in the layout?

Regards

Andrew

Platinum Super Contributor

You could certainly create a 2nd layout and switch to the appropriate layout depending on the needs of the customer.  The easiest way to start that may be to open the current layout in the Layout Designer (Tools > Design Layout > Contact) and save it to a new name.  But you may also want to consider creating a new tab on the existing layout.

Here is an article with instructions for designing a layout, for creating a new tab see the section titled 'Misc' (under Tab Properties): KB Article 15332

Greg Martin
Sage
Tuned Listener

Ok great i'll give it a try.