Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact Info from files alone

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Contact Info from files alone

I've searched several resources, help.ACT, these forums, etc. but haven't found anything resembling my issue. My previous employers utilized ACT! 6.0. Prior to leaving I was allowed to keep a back-up of my database. My new employer also uses ACT but its the new version (Premium 10.). When I suggest converting my version, well, they just laughed and said no way. All I want to do is import the contacts (Names, Company, Address, Phones, etc) into this new version but the IT guys won't go for it. Instead as a workaround they suggest creating an excel file from my 6.0 files and then importing that limited information once they've had a chance to review and approveit. Is this possible?.... they sure don't know how to do it.

Thanks in advance,

Real live Salesperson

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Acter
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Contact Info from files alone

All Replies

If you open the ACT! 6.0 database in ACT! 10, it will convert it to a new ACT! 10 database.

Then they can examine the data and either import it with all the info to their ACT! database or export the information they want to allow to Excel and import that

They really want no part of my data conversion not even openning it. Man, I've been back and forth with these dudes for like the last two weeks and they finally agreed to take a look at an excel file but I'd have to provide it. They don't seem to understand I can't make any money without people to call on, you know. Apparently they've had some serious install problems and don't want to jeopordize their network with my info. (which of course isn't really a concern of mine). But I openned a few of the files in excel to test things out and though there's a lot of gobbly goop, I see my contacts buried in there.... So I think I'm good... for now.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Acter
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

You can open the ACT! 6.0 DBF file in Excel... make a copy and open the copy.