Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact Fields Missing in Lookup - Replaced with Entity Field

Highlighted

Contact Fields Missing in Lookup - Replaced with Entity Field

Version: 22.1.212.0, Update 3

Shared database

Windows 10 Pro

My contact fields drop-down list is missing from the lookup side bar, nor can I use the "more options" from here. I'm aware I can use the lookup menu, but I'd like to fix my sidebar. 

I think this issue arose while I was deleting custom fields from the list (that we no longer use). I was deleting these fields via the web version. I believe the last lookup I did on the desktop version may have been using one of these fields. When I next logged into the desktop version after deletion via the web, I suspect ACT couldn't find that field in the list so it defaulted to a defunct empty list. 

Annotation 2020-08-13 092312.png

I have tried recreating my appdata folder, as well as unintalling & reinstalling act. It's also important to note that the list is showing correctly online and no-one else using this database has encountered this error. 

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: Contact Fields Missing in Lookup - Replaced with Entity Field

This is odd and I would have thought that the appdata deletion of the ACT preferences would have corrected.

You may like to try adding this free add-on as it may force ACT to display the list again by selecting a specific field as the default.

https://www.exponenciel.com/actaddons/actaddon.aspx?ID=142