Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact Activity lookup not accurate Act Pro v.18

Contact Activity lookup not accurate Act Pro v.18

I have Act Pro Version 18.0.501.0 with Windows 10.

I'm doing a simple Contact Activity lookup using contacts that have had an email sent to them since a certain date and the results are not accurate roughly 10-15% of the time. For example, I do Contact Activity lookup > Look for Contacts that Have > Changed > since date > July 1, 2016 > Search In > Histories > E-mail sent (no other options are selected). The results have several contacts showing email sent as of a date before July 1, 2016. This is not what my search is filtering for. As an example of one of the incorrect results: email sent Apr1-16, then a Completed History in July 2016 then a New Email obtained (but not sent) in July-16.

I find myself having to manually filter the results and this is not feasible with a database of 25,000 contacts since I no longer trust the database. Why is this happening? Please help me trust the results of Contact Activity lookup or maybe I'm doing the lookup incorrectly?

Thank you in advance.

Administrator

Re: Contact Activity lookup not accurate Act Pro v.18

Hi gwcm,

I have tested this using your steps using Act! v19.0, and I also receive results which include contacts which have only been emailed before the date selected in the Contact Activity lookup. I do not believe this feature is working as designed in this case. I have now submitted this issue for further testing and will post an update with further information as I receive it.

As a workaround to this issue, I would suggest using the History List feature in Act!, and filtering the list using a custom date range, and only the E-mail Sent history type. You'll get a list of all the E-mail Sent activities that fall within this date range. You can then select all the results and right click > Create Lookup to return a list of the matching contacts.

I apologise for the inconvenience here.
Administrator

Re: Contact Activity lookup not accurate Act Pro v.18

[ Edited ]

Hi gwcm,

After some further testing, we've determined that this feature uses the create date of the history record to filter by when selecting a Since Date on the Contact Activity Lookup, and not the date defined in the history record.

If you add a history record and backdate it with an earlier date before the Since Date, then the Contact Activity Lookup will include this history in the lookup results as it was created today which falls within the Since Date. 

This might be the reason why you are seeing some contacts with history records whose dates were before the Since Date in your lookup results. You can confirm this by adding the Creation Date column in the Contact History tab and checking if this date falls after the Since Date.

Lookups on Activities using the Contact Activity lookup will use the edit date.