Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Constant crashes and multiple error messages on the daily

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Constant crashes and multiple error messages on the daily

Act! Version 22.0.205.0, Update 3, running RDBs to cloud database

We have had nothing but problems with Act lately - crashing, random contacts getting deleted (five separate occasions now), error messages, etc.  On all computers, many of which have 16+ GB of RAM.  Is anyone else having problems like this?  See attached PDF for the long list of errors.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: Constant crashes and multiple error messages on the daily

This is the response I get from Act support on at least a half a dozen different error messages: - did they even LOOK at the PDF?  And my name isn't Marty Smiley Indifferent

Capture.PNG

Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

Hi Melissa,

the first error is comon when you use RDP, so that may be the case? it was fixed in 17.0, but reintroduced in 21.0 

the second error may be caused due to memory issues, as act (32 bit application) can only adress max 1 GB ram. you may want to check out a KB that i did create some years ago

reporting the bug never did create any feedback... so it´s probably offline

with the long loading time, we found that this may be an issue with the internet connection. if you have the database localy you may want to disable your network, then try to load act, if it is going fast then, you probably have a firewall/proxy that is preventing act from "calling" home and visiting other sites.

Clearing activitys,.. again points to a memory issue

sync may also be an memory issue, but there are a lot of other "reasons" that can cause this, you should try to contact an ACC for support. 

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 208 56192-34
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Thank you so much for taking the time to actually look at the errors for me. I sent another email to Act support and got:

"Hello Melissa,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. There is a know reported issue GROW - 1082 System out of memory exception in various areas of v22 from the error snaps you shared.
We are sorry that we don't have a known TAT (Turn Around Time) for the known reported issue. Please note that our development team is working on the solution.

Please wait for a fix which will get released as next patch update. We apologize for the inconvenience caused."

You've by far given me the most info to work with. It just sounds like a lot of our problems are bugs. I'll reach out to our ACC with the other questions to see if they have suggestions. Thanks again!
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor

I have been beta testing the fixes that Act is working on and the memory leak is a top priority. That and fixing the formatting of histories. The update I have been testing appears to have resolved the majority - so hang in there - it's coming. Really!

Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Hi Pat

Could you look at this reported issue from SP4?

Thanks

Highlighted

Copper Contributor
donaldtanner

Re: V22 r4 Pro and Spell Check[ New ]

Yes, PREFERENCES are all good and it's all turned on.

If you go into the DETAILS of an activity, there used to be an icon for spell check which is gone with the new r4 update.

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor

It appears that icon is still missing. I suggest sending an email to support@act.com to resubmit it as a bug.

Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

I hope they do fix this.  The problem is I've written that response dozens of times over the last ten years.  We upgrade each year hoping you finally get it right.

ACT is historically a buggy unreliable program with some great promise. 

Now, they are abandoning the desktop (Pro version) because the built a brand new version for the cloud   I'm very eager to pay another $600.00 + to see if this one is any good.

Does anyone at ACT listen to customers or just to sales leads.