Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Constant Errors (Windows 8/Office 2010) with emailing from ACT, editing templates.

Constant Errors (Windows 8/Office 2010) with emailing from ACT, editing templates.

Long story short, I've spent hours on the phone with ACT technicians and even hired an ACT Certified Consultant locally to try to work out the constant bugs with using ACT Add-In's with Office 2010. If I try to email within ACT I get "Object Reference not set to an instance of an object." If I try to edit some word templates I get "Library not registered..". Each technician gives me a different "fix" which does not work.  One tech said I had to have a word doc upen then edit template (this is not true because when I first installed ACT I did not have to do this - it worked for a while.) Although even having a word doc opens still produceds the error some times. This is a final attempt to see if I can fix these bugs. The ACT Certified Consultant said there are compatibility issues because ACT Premium 2013 was developed before Windows 8.  If this cannot be resolved, will moving to the web hosted ACT version eliminate this? I'm not even sure I can do this as a single user, I might have to try another CRM. If anyone has had these problems, I'd appreciate any help.