Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Connecting to ACT! Reader using Oracle SQL Developer

Connecting to ACT! Reader using Oracle SQL Developer

Is it possible to connect to ACT! Reader using SQL Developer? I have installed JTDS as a third party jdbc driver, but sql developer doesn't find the database at all? Has anybody done that? Is it even possible to connect with sql developer?

/Mikael

Employee

Re: Connecting to ACT! Reader using Oracle SQL Developer

I've not worked with Oracle SQL Developer, so forgive me if I say anything really ignorant. 

Is OSD failing to find the ODBC connection created by the reader or failing to connect to the database, similarly does it see the OLEDB provider?

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator

Ok, yes OSD doesn't find the ODBC connection and it doesn't see the oledb provider. I am not used to working with mssql, but I added the connection as a data source as instructed.

Maybe it is easier to try another developer software which is tried and tested. Do you know of any other developer software, where you can query the database?

Employee

I develop in .Net and can use the server explorer within it to meet most of my needs, but I'm not sure what your requirements are nor am I a DBA so I'm reluctant to recommend software I haven't used myself.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Bronze Elite Contributor

Mikael

If your looking for B2B services with ACT! as your data source there are better ways than ODBC. Refer our development of  XData for ACT!  No requirement to know the ACT! SDK.

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog