Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Connect Link {"g2c":"unavailable"} Error

Astute Commentator

Connect Link {"g2c":"unavailable"} Error

Woke up this morning to my server automatically updating with a major update. Had a few troubles getting ACT started and db loaded, but worked them out.

The issue which is lingering is ConnectLink as it's providing me this error: 

{"g2c":"unavailable"}

The link provided works and routes to my computer, but it appears something is blocking, not running, etc.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Connect Link {"g2c":"unavailable"} Error

f you have not already done this try rebooting the server before any further fault finding.

Hi Sucia,

I would like to know where you are experiencing the error message? it is normal for this to appear if you are accessing the Act.Web.Api address directly but shouldn't when attempting to use the web server in an app.

What Ch1p has advised may certainly help and I would recommend, if you still get the error after if you could provide further information it may help us find a resolution.

Astute Commentator

Thanks for the messages. I've restarted the server and still get the same error.

I'm using Zapier for syncing, and it is providing the error.

Bronze Elite Contributor

As we have not seen this in normal operation of ACT it looks like a problem caused by running Zapier that is clashing with ACT or triggering an attempted link.

Not sure this team can help. Is it causing any actual issues or just a nuisance?

Astute Commentator

I've spent 5+ hours with support trying to resolve this over a couple of days including multiple uninstalls and reinstalls of WebHostedAPI and ACT itself. We had it resolved, and then this morning we're back the same issue.

It appears to be related to ConnectLink's service not being able to start. When I look in Services it shows it as "Paused" and I cannot resume it.

When I try to restart it, it provides the following error:

"Windows could not start the ActConnectLink service on Local Computer. The service did not return an error. This could be an internal Windows error or an internal service error. If problem persists, contact your system administrator."

I know this is not Zapier issue or a network issue, since I am able to get the Zap to work on another machine on my network.

Bronze Elite Contributor

With the knowledge that this works in this configuration on another PC I offer this link in case it helps -

https://community.act.com/t5/Act-Premium-Web-API/Act-Connect-Link-Issues/td-p/328467

Administrator

Hi Sucia,

The above info ch1p posted is also available in Knowledgebase article form:
http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38398

Please also note the links to steps for reinstallation of the Act! Connect link at the bottom of the article, as this can also be a quick way of resolving these pesky issues.
Astute Commentator

Thanks for replies. I worked through the instructions provided and was able to get things running in the Manage section of the Connect Link console (it wasn't previously). However the link does not appears within Act, and when I view the service within the Window Service console it appears as "Paused" and won't Restart or Start. It produces the same message a previously noted.

Administrator

Hi Sucia,

If you haven't already, I would suggest trying a full reinstall of the Act! Connect Link application while following the instructions in the above KB.