Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Configuring data extracted through OLEDB connection

Configuring data extracted through OLEDB connection

I have an excel sheet which I have finally managed to connect to my ACT database using Import data. My problem is I am connecting to VRP_CONTACTS but I want to be able to specify what data is actually retrieved. Is there a way either through lookup or any other method I can create a VRP file that has only the data I need. I dont want to import my whole contact list I would like it to be based on certain fields but I cannot seem to do this.

Please help.

Thanks.

Kerrie

Re: Configuring data extracted through OLEDB connection

Has anyone got any options on this. If I have an access data base query I can select exactly which fields are extracted and have my spreadsheet with only the information I need. Surely there is a way to do this in ACT. If not there should be.

I want a spreadsheet of my contacts to automatically refresh in Excel each time I open it but I have about 14,000 contacts. I only need about 700 of these in my query based on the criteria of a specific field.

Please help!!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Configuring data extracted through OLEDB connection

Maybe create a 2nd worksheet that queries the OLEDB table in the first?

The OLEDB displays the data, it's then upto the app your using to query it externally.

You might also try a post to the developers area: http://community.act.com/sage/board?board.id=Pub_Dev