Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Configuring Act Premium for a Bank

Configuring Act Premium for a Bank

I am a new user to ACT, and I am assisting with the set up of the program to meet the specific needs of our company, a small community bank.  I am writing to inquire if there are other bank users in the community.   I would specifically appreciate some help in setting up our products in the opportunities window to correspond with banking products, such as loan opportunities, deposit opportunities, wealth management, etc.

Thank you,

Jerry

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Configuring Act Premium for a Bank

While you *might* be able to configure Opportunities to do this, chances are that solutions won't grow to/with your needs.  A more proper solution would be an addon called TopLine Designer @ http://bit.ly/folbvX

This is a "table" addon that allows you to use ACT! records as the base building block and then add tables/views/forms to handle all your specific needs.  I use this, and have implemented it for a few clients - it's a fantastic tool to make ACT! work *for* your business.

Hope this helps...

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com
Bronze Contributor

Re: Configuring Act Premium for a Bank

Jerry,

I have assisted with a number of bank projects over the years and Richard is correct below with the suggestion of a custom table as thi sprovides a number of flexible options especially when it comes to multiple product types and the ability to do direct calculations on a number of specific fields whihc is not available in the opportunities area.

let me know if you require further detail or even go and test Richards tool on a test database first.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.