Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Compatibility with Windows 7 and/or 64 bit

Compatibility with Windows 7 and/or 64 bit

Is ACT! 2009 Premium compatible with Windows 7 and/or 64 bit?

Silver Contributor

Re: Compatibility with Windows 7 and/or 64 bit

No, ACT 2009 version 11.0 Win 7 us not officially supported.  We have gotten it to work in a 32 bit os, but not in a 64 bit os.

Version 13 (ACT 2011) supports Win 7 both 32 and 64 bit as well as 32 bit ms office 2010

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Platinum Super Contributor

Here is a link to the system requirements for Act! 2009: Act! 2009 System Requirements

Greg Martin
Sage

Act 2009 IS compatible with Win 7 OS!!!!! Even my Act 2009 Prem for Fin Prof.

I am now on Windows 7 Home Premium. I have successfully installed and am curretly running my Act 2009 Premium for Financial Professionals.

There were 3 different paths that I thought I would have to choose:
1-Purchase and upgrade to 2011. I just replaced my laptop and didn't want to spend more money. It was after hours for cust support so I had to research for installation compatibility and was getting confused. The 30-day trial seemed to ONLY offer Premium version, and I only wanted the Pro version. The more I studied and saw all the special circumstances on the conversion and upgrade of my database, it was looking like it was going to complicate my life.
2-I then learned of the Microsoft XP mode in Virtual PC and the ability to create a new virtual XP computer within my Win 7 environment. It looked even better. It would save me money, no need to upgrade. OOPS!! As I then learned MY Win 7 HOME PREMIUM version was the only one that didn't support the XP mode. Thanks Microsoft.
3-I then learned of using VMWare to do the same Virtual PC running my XP operating system, same thing as the Microsoft method, only this one was compatible with my Win 7 Home Edition.
4-As I was in the midst of trying to install the VMWare, I noticed in my Win 7 >> Control Panel >> Programs >> "Run Programs made for previous versions of Windows"

I Tried it, it was a piece of cake. It adjusted the Win 7 settings down to the lower XP settings automatically, I tested it. The program worked just fine. I installed the Act Scheduler and Sync Manager and it is all working great. Faster than my former XP software.

All is well now. I save money, and it was an easy fix. If only someone would have mentioned this earlier in all my internet research.
Tuned Listener

I am running SAGE ACT Version 13 (ACT 2011) on windows 7 64 bit, no problems. Wondering if this ACT version will run with Office 2010 64 bit?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Yes to working with Office 2010 but 32 bit only. Unless you run very large spread sheets in Excel there isn't any reason to use the 64 bit version of Office 2010.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129