Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Company field in Layout Designer issue

Nickel Contributor

Company field in Layout Designer issue

ACT!2010 Premium 12.x

I change the Company name field to "Bold" and "Red" in the Layout Designer (via the Properties window OR icons on toolbar).  The Company name field does show as "Bold" and "Red".  I save the layout and close the designer.  The Company name field is NOT Bold nor Red.  I have tried this on 5 different databases and receive the same results.

When I make these changes in ACT!2009 and ACT!2011 databases the Company name field holds the changes.

Is this a known error in ACT!2010?

Dan Pisano
ACT! Certified Consultant
The Dapian Group, LLC
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Company field in Layout Designer issue

I'm unable to reproduce the same results (V12.0 and V12.1).  I've updated the Basic Contact Laout 1024x768 > left click on Company field (not label) > then clicked Bold and chose Background color of Red (bright red) > saved and exited the designer and the field appears read on the layout. 

Are you able to update any of the other fields with Bold and Red (or other colors)?  Have you tried applying just one option at a time (add Bold and save/exit, then reopen designer and add Red)?

Greg Martin
Sage
Nickel Contributor

Thanks for the Reply Greg.

NOTE: I can change the background color of the Company name field. I cannot change the font color, nor bold the Company name font.  Also, I tried this on 3 databases on my pc and on 2 databases on my client's pcs.

RE: "Are you able to update any of the other fields with Bold and Red (or other colors)?" - Yes.

RE: "Have you tried applying just one option at a time (add Bold and save/exit, then reopen designer and add Red)? " - yes.

Dan Pisano
The Dapian Group, LLC
Platinum Super Contributor

Ah, I was testing the wrong change.  This I can reproduce and I've found that it was a reported issue with 2010 (noted as fixed in 2011 so I don't expect an update for 2010).

Greg Martin
Sage
Nickel Contributor

Thanks for confirming.  It is always nice to know you are not the only one experiencing an issue!

Dan Pisano
The Dapian Group, LLC