Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Company field changes to Country when in Contact List view, Edit Mode, after doing Lookups

Company field changes to Country when in Contact List view, Edit Mode, after doing Lookups

I've seen a problem whereby when running lookups in Contact List view, in edit mode, it changes the company field data to the country name. From the testing I have done, this only occurs when deploying Act using TS RemoteApp in Windows Server 2008 Terminal Services environment (it doesn't occur when using a TS Remote Desktop Connection or when running directly off the server). I'm using ACT! by Sage Premium 2009 (11.0) Version 11.0.0.367 and have replicated in Act11Demo database.

Open database and view all records.

Click Contact List.

Make sure that Company, Contact and Country are the first three columns in the list view. (Make sure "is user", etc. is not present).

Turn off and on Edit Mode.

Select Lookup, Company and pick "starts with Boom". Click OK.

The Company List now shows 4 contacts, but you will notice that the company name of the forth contact now changes to "United States".

This in my mind is a major issue as Act is changing the company name to the country automatically without notification or recording of the change in History.

Anyone else experienced similar things, or know of any resolutions?

Re: Company field changes to Country when in Contact List view, Edit Mode, after doing Lookups

Thank you for participating in the ACT! Community. Based on the information provided, your issue appears to be associated with a previously reported issue. I will provide an update if the status changes, or if an alternative workaround to this issue is identified. I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause.

Re: Company field changes to Country when in Contact List view, Edit Mode, after doing Lookups

Are there any other topics in this forum related to this issue that I can look at? I can't see any myself. Thanks.

I do not believe this topic has been brought up on the community.  Only workarounds that I can provide at this time is to uncheck edit mode or highlight a contact row before doing the lookup

Hi there,

Thank goodness I found this thread. We have been grapping with a similar problem - records were seemingly randomly having the "email" field overwritten by the contents of another field.ACT Premium 11.0.0.367 on windows server 2003 here.

I have now instructed all my users not to use "edit mode" in contact list view until this issue is resolved.

I view this as a very serious bug. It could cause the loss of vital infromation. I look foward to it being fixed.

Indeed, I too see this as a major bug, as it's extremely easy to corrupt data. It's a shame. Smiley Sad

FYI, I understand that the SP due for release early Feb is currently being reviewed internally and by Act vendors, so the latest date I had from my Sage account mgr for the UK was end of Feb. Let's hope it makes that date!

I’ve recently download the SP1 for Act! 2009 and this issue still exists. It was suggested to me that this issue would be resolved in the SP. It’s very disappointing that still after almost 3 months, this issue still exists and after all, it does “corrupt” the data without any notification and as such I see this as a serious issue that still needs to be resolved. Is there anything we can do to progress this?

During the time the issue was reported, 11.1 was already final and going with internal testing before being released.  The issue is reported and expected to be fix in a future release.  Unfortunately, I do not have a date or which release the issue will the resolved.

Only workarounds that I can provide at this time is to uncheck edit mode or highlight an entire contact row before doing the lookup.  The issue only happens if you have a field selected.