Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Companies

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Companies

I have Act! Premium Version 20.1.120.0, Update 7.  It is running on a Server.  Someone else set up this system, so I am learning to live within it.  I work in a Landscaping firm.

Originally they set it up with each of our customers as a company.  There were no contacts.  I have established the contacts recently.  But I have 4-5 that are no longer our customers.  I changed the ID status to "Previous Customer," but I can't seem to get them out of our current list of customers (i.e. Companies).  Can anyone give me a suggestion?  Thanks so much!!!

Judy Yohe

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author SKB Industries
‎11-26-2018 11:03 AM
Silver Contributor

Re: Companies

[ Edited ]

If you do a lookup of Does Not Contain Previous Customer on the ID/Status you will be left with only active companies so you can then export the lookup.

Would that resolve the issue for you?

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

There are 2 separate tables in ACT, one for Contact and one for Companies and they are linked by the Company name. Making a change in a contact dose not change the information in the company table. If you no longer want to hold the past company info in the company table you can delete the record/s or alternatively change the ID Status in the company record to show it is no longer a current client. This wont remove it from the Company table but will identify it as not a current client. I would go with the 2nd option as you may start trading again, but if the company no longer exists then deletion is the best option.

Highlighted

I have already moved it to "Previous Customer" status in Companies. Is there no way I can move it to somewhere else, so that it does not export every time I export a list?
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author SKB Industries
‎11-26-2018 11:03 AM
Silver Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you do a lookup of Does Not Contain Previous Customer on the ID/Status you will be left with only active companies so you can then export the lookup.

Would that resolve the issue for you?

Highlighted

Probably. At least it will for me, but for my slightly technology-challenged boss, who knows. LOL. Thank you so much for that suggestion!