Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Companies missing from sync to remote databases

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Companies missing from sync to remote databases

Has anyone encountered this problem? A small handful of companies are not syncing from our database to our remote databases.

The permissions for these companies are set to public, I was the record creator and have administrator access. When I login directly to the database I can see the companies but they won’t sync to my remote database. My colleagues can not sync them to their remote databases either and are missing more companies than I am.

We have been running about 10 remote databases for 9 months and this is the first time we have encountered this problem.

We are running ACT Premium 2008 (10.0) (ST Edition) Version 10.0.3.182, Hotfix 1

Thanks for any advice

Jonny

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author skeates
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Companies missing from sync to remote databases

For anyone encountering the problem of random companies not syncing from the host database to remote databases.  I resolved the problem by deleting my remote db and creating a new one. It works but can be a bit laborious if you have to do it across the company.

Jonathan

View solution in original post

All Replies
nf

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have the same problem ! with exactly the same version of ACT!

I have also an issue with some contacts who are not completly sync. The phone and email adress are not sync !

I have also an issue with group who are sync with the remote DB. If i do some changes on the server, the groups are not correctly displayed....

Is anyone has same problem with synchronization ?

Thanss for your help !

- Nicolas

Message Edited by nf on 01-15-2009 01:44 AM
Copper Contributor

I have emailed the problem to ACT Customer services and will let you know if I have any joy finding a fix.

If anyone else out there has encountered this and found a solution please let us know.

Thanks,

Jonny

Bronze Elite Contributor

Did you find this to be happening after applying the hotfix? Compare the create dates of the records that do not sync are they all recently created?

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Bronze Elite Contributor

Nf, your problem is different. There is a known issue that affects ACT! 10.0.2.1, ACT! 10.0.3 and ACT! 11.0 databases that can cause loss of data in email, address and phone fields. There is a utility to fix the issue on the ACT! Knowledgebase,  Document ID 23406. The utility will ONLY fix the problem for 10.0.3 and 11.0. If you run 10.0.2.1 you will need to apply the 10.0.3 update then apply the utility.

Yes there is an issue with displaying groups in the tree view after sync. Are you using Access Control to groups?

Graeme Leo

nf

Thanks for your help. I will try the DBFixer utility in order to resolve my first issue. We are using ACT! 10.0.3.

For the goups, i don't use access control.

Regards.

Nicolas

Bronze Elite Contributor

You need to apply the dbfixer to all ACT! installations. The data you have lost will not get to the remote databases. You would need to recut the sync sets to get it there.

Graeme Leo

nf

what do you mean by "recut the sync sets to get it there".

Do i need to recreate all the remote DB ?

Regards.

- Nicolas

Copper Contributor

Hi Graeme,

Thanks for the advice but no I haven't run any updates or fixes for months. All the company's that we have problems syncing where created in the same couple of days but others created around the same time and since have synced without a problem. Additionally if I create divisions under these companies in the host db and then sync they appear in the remote db but as individual companies.

It seems to be a strange error/glitch, I think I will try removing and resetting up my remote database and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Bronze Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nicolas,

Yes to get the missing data to the remotes you need to recut the remote databases from the existing sync sets. ( Not recut the sync sets as I stated earlier). The dbfixer.exe fixes the problem but it doesn't replace the missing data at the remotes.

Message Edited by gleo on 01-29-2009 01:20 PM
Message Edited by gleo on 01-29-2009 01:22 PM

Graeme Leo