Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Companies linked fields with contacts not syncing

Companies linked fields with contacts not syncing

I am a little stumped I have a number of linked files between my companies and their members however twice today for the second time the data would when Inputted into the company fields it would issue the warning saying it would change all the contacts associated to it I pressed okay and it opened the loading screen as if it was updateing the contacts but then on closer inspection no data had been updated on any of the contacts. After much trial and error and checking the linked fields, unlinking them and relinking them there was no change the problem still persists. I tried it on a users pc and it worked fine so after contacting a service agent a we recreated my user profile and added some script from act to fix the bug (this is now available as part of the update v19.2) this worked do a little while however the issues has just recurred but this time in three user profiles imcludeing my own. It was possible to fix this by once again recreateing the user profiles. Whilst now fixed I fear that this issue will recur and it is not a ideal solution to recreate user profiles so I'm woundering if anyone has a suggestion for a possible more permenant fix to the issue to prevent it recurring.
Many thanks

Re: Companies linked fields with contacts not syncing

Hi Loui501,

I would like to know if there is any custom or non standard field that you will be updating, I have seen in the past issues where removing a custom field resolves this. For your reference here are the standard linked fields: Address 1, Address 2. Address 3. City, Company, Country, County, Postcode, and Web site

As you mentioned you have spoken with support and ran a script, do you know if it was one that is documented in this article:

23183 Linked Fields Between Contacts and Companies Are Not Updating Properly

Hi Horn

yeah there is a number of custom fields there are drop down boxes, yes/no, numerical and text.  and im not sure but i think so.

As a test would you first be able to take a backup of the database, instructions can be found here

Once you have a backup could you remove the custom fields ensuring the leave the default ones as posted above, once done if you can test update linked fields.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Can I advise not to do this as you appear to syncing.

Use the backup instead to test. Restore the backup with a different name using Restore as option and then try Horn's suggestion on the restored database.