Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply

Companies - Error: Failed to get entities

Copper Contributor
Posts: 83
Country: Australia

Companies - Error: Failed to get entities

act! Premium 2013 15.1.108.0 on  Windows server 2008 R2

Workstation is Windows 8 Pro using a remote database

Also has workstation that connect live to the database on server.

 

Customer has been adding sub divisions from his remote database and he can expand them all.  He has sync'ed to the server.  When I am on the server and click on random companies that has sub divisions I will receive the following error.

 

Failed to get entities

if I go to another tab say contacts and come back can begin to click on companies again until I click on one that produces this error.  

 

The laptop with the remote database can open them all no problems.  The live workstation can click on them without the error but they will not expand to show the sub divisions.

 

One think I have noticed is that some of the companies and sub divisions do not have a ID/Status which is odd because when you create a new company or sub division this is a mandatory field.  This is also random throughout the companies.

 

I have run the database re-index re-builds from actdiag and within act! and did get this error on one of the Rebuild OLE/DB Report Objects.

Error

 

Not sure if this ties in with the issue.

 

Any help would be appreciated

 

Thanks

Damon

Moderator
Posts: 704
Country: USA

Re: Companies - Error: Failed to get entities

Damon_T,

 

  This looks like an issue with the view.  In ActDiag, try doing the Rebuilds for OLE/DB, and let me know if the problem still exists.

Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://kb.act.com
Copper Contributor
Posts: 83
Country: Australia

Re: Companies - Error: Failed to get entities

[ Edited ]

Hi Billy

 

Tried suggested and still the same issue, We have another customer that has the same issue now.  They are both new installs and the one thing they did in common is they created the divisions from a subscriber database.  In both instances the divisions can be opened on the subscriber database but not on the publisher.

 

When performing the Rebuild OLE/DB Reporting Objects from the actdiag get an error Invalid Column name 'PICKLISTITEM PICKLISTID'.

 

2013-08-09_12h04_42.png

 


any other ideas?

 

Thanks

Damon

Moderator
Posts: 704
Country: USA

Re: Companies - Error: Failed to get entities

[ Edited ]

Damon,

 

  I'm still looking into this.  Normally if I come across anything like this either a rebuild or a reindex/repair takes care of it, but I'm going to try to duplicate this issue with company divisions. 

Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://kb.act.com
Nickel Elite Contributor
Posts: 935
Country: USA

Re: Companies - Error: Failed to get entities

[ Edited ]

Damon_T,

 

Just to be sure

Are All PCs running same version of ACT! ( also have all service paks and hotfixes been applied?)

Reference Help / about

 

OK

Manually check for Windows Updates and apply to all pc's as needed.

Mite be a .Net4 framework item or something needing installed?

OK

if you need to update your ACT! to latest service paks/hotfixes

Reference ACT! Download Center  http://act.com/support/download-center/ 

 

Let me know what up after that. cheers - FSBill

 

 

Bill Williams - Owner/Consultant/Trainer at Fill Staff "ACT! FOR RECRUITERS"
Manage Your ACT! Backups http://fillstaff.com/backupfolderspro.html - FREE
BIG ACT! LAYOUTS for Larger Monitors www.bigactlayouts.com
Protect your Files & Folders with Folder Lock Pro by New Software http://download.cnet.com/Folder-Lock/3000-2092_4-10063343.html
Copper Elite Contributor
Posts: 144
Country: Australia

Re: Companies - Error: Failed to get entities

I'd like to give you an update on this issue Damon & I have been having with Divisions.

 

We raised this issue with Act!Repair, who examined our Database and responded that the reason this problem was occuring was because there are divisions that had null values in certain columns. Specifically the column that sets if a company is a division or not.

 

They Provided us with this Bat file which we ran on the sever, selected the database, and it resolved the issue.

 

a VERY BIG Thank you to David Lunceford at Database Services - Act! for supplying this solution.

 

Kind Regards

Jared Dalrymple | Technical Consultant | P:+61 7 3423 3551
jared@evolutionmarketing.com.au | Evolution Marketing Services