Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Commission field

Commission field

Is there a way to add monthly commission fields per client?  I want to keep track of commissions received per client/per month, and possibly get a total of all fields.  Is this possible?  or would I have to create fields for each month?

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Commission field

Method 1.  The easiest approach individual monthly commissions per client  is to create 14 contact fields:  one for each month, one for Year to Date, and one for Total Commissions for last year.   Set all as currency and make Total Commissions Last year create a history record each time it is changed.

You could make the Total Comissions for last year a calculated field adding up the 12 months.

Each Jan 1; you copy the Ytd to the last year, then clear out the months.

Calculated fields are not reliable in my experience, so test them and verify them in Dec by exporting to excel and add them up there. 

Method 2, is to use an addon product to add a custom table for Comissions.  They could go on forever, shoeing all commissions.  You could show the year total as a formula field. 

To speed things up, another addon:   OAK!Merge import/export utility, can import the commissions using either method from a CSV or Excel file. 

Alan Lee

ACT Consultant

www.OAKMerge.com 

Thank you for your input....

Bronze Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

To create a commission Report -

Assumptions - That the Opportunity area of ACT is being used and the commission is a set as a percentage of Completed won sales total.

I have based below on a 1% commission rate. 

Create a new calculated field in Opportunities called Commission. Formula is Total / 100  

Add field to Opportunity Layout and List View.

Now use the opportunity List View to generate reports via excel or change the Sales by Record Manager report to include commission and filter to only run on Won Sales for the month or period wanted.