Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Color Code Fields for Quick Reference

Astute Commentator

Color Code Fields for Quick Reference

Can anyone guide me through the process to color code fields according to status so that when I view a contact that certain fields stand out quickly?

Many thanks!!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Color Code Fields for Quick Reference

If you want them to change color based on the field content, that isn't possible. A static field color can be set in the layout designer.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Employee

I believe there is a download in the Developer's Downlaod section that accomplishes exactly this.

Here is the link to the Dynamic Label Control, many thank to Allen for posting it.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Astute Commentator

Thanks so much for the information!  I'm not a really technical person so if you could please confirm that this feature will allow a field to be changed via drop down menu from one color to another depending on which color denotes a particular status.  The specific application is for color coding a field depending on if a client is delinquent with tech support fees.

Employee

As Allen mentioned in the response in that thread. The control basically checks the value of  a field and changes the color/font of the field based on whether or not it meets the criteria. Allen gives a much better explanation in the other thread along with examples.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator