Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cold Calling activity Report that counts the number of cold calls I'm doing.

Cold Calling activity Report that counts the number of cold calls I'm doing.

Two of us use Act to do a lot of Cold Calling.  If I enter in each call as a new history under a contact and then type in "Call" under the felid (in new history tab) "Type" and enter the result under the result option (again in the New History tab, (Call attempt, Left message, Made Appointment.....) and then used the rest of the New history tab as normal. 

Would there be a way to count how many calls I was making in a hour or day and then break it down to how many calls I'm making until I get an appointment using the "results option" in the New History tab?

My guess is I can create a new report somehow but I don't know how to narrow down this type of search so I count the number of calls I'm making.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Cold Calling activity Report that counts the number of cold calls I'm doing.

The History Summary Classic report does most of what you want but the standard report won't give you all the detail that you want. A modification of that report would give you more detail. In fact I've done a rewrite of the History Summary Classic report that has most of the call detail that youwant. There might be a way to get an average of the number of calls required to get an appointment but it wouldn't be a simple process.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: Cold Calling activity Report that counts the number of cold calls I'm doing.

Thank you - I'm starting to play with it.  I think I'll have some good results.

Ok the History Summary Classic report looks good but I can't figure out how to add another field.  I would like to add appointment completed.  So I open the report in edit mode but I can't find this field in the field options.  Where is it.

Appointment Completed isn't a field it's a history type.

There is a third party book with comprehensive training information on the ACT! reports, here is the link.

https://www.packtpub.com/sage-act-2011-dashboard-and-report-cookbook/book

Full disclusure I wrote the reports chapters of the book.  The report chapters work for all version of the ACT! program since ACT! 2007.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thank you Roy.    I have the book and it's helped me a gr...

Thank you Roy. 

I have the book and it's helped me a great deal in the past.  I guess what I was trying to say is I don't know how to add the Appointment completed type to a report.  I just don't get how to add something to a report when I can't find it like I would in a field.  Fields are easy to add because you just open edit report, then add field and then go from there.  But with the history info I just don't who to tell the report to pull from that area without having a field.  I'll go back and look in my book. 

THank you,

Re: Thank you Roy. I have the book and it's helped me a gr...

The History Summary Classic report makes extensive use of VB scripts to do and report the history type accumulations. Replacing one to the existing types with another is fairly simple, adding an additional one would be very difficult. The book has a detail examination of the History Summary Classic report so you would want to read through that.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: Thank you Roy. I have the book and it's helped me a gr...

Maybe I'm just in a hurry but I have the ebook about reports. Where does it show you how to modify the history report? I need to show the company name in addition to the contact name. Thanks,.

Help with my REPORTS

New problem.  All of a sudden my reports are not printing as they should.  Everything was working properly 2 weeks ago and since then nothing new has happen with the exception I got rid of my computer that had a remote database on it and then got a new computer that I created a new database from my host and uploaded onto my new computer with the same version of Act and everything worked fine with that.  No sync issues at all.  Now when I print a report like the classic history report in preview mode the report will start to run on the screen and it will show pages 1 printing and then page 2 printing and so on.  When it gets to page 7 it just sits there saying in the bottom corner Page 7 printing?  Nothing else happens.   I've tried the database maintenance and reindexing my database from the tool bar and closing my ACT and doing the same thing from Actdiag.   That didn't seem to matter. 

It's seems that something is preventing my reports from getting past page 7 when its getting created.  I tried to create in PDF mode and then same thing happens.  I tried the report on the host computer and different remote computer and the same thing is happening.

Any thoughts