Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Closing Opportunities

Accepted Solution Solved
JW
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Closing Opportunities

Does anyone have a way to close multiple opportunties at once, say if a deal is won or lost?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author JW
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Contributor

Re: Closing Opportunities

I have not seen any addon programs that would provide that function, and ACT! itself does not support it.

By looking at your Opportunity List, you can multiple select them, but when you right-click you'll notice the "close" option is grey-out.

This is not terribly surprising since part of the Opportunity Closing procedure is recording "why" it closed successfully or not. Without thsi information, closing stats are significantly less meaningful upon review.

Ken Quigley, BA, MCSE, ACC, APT
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author JW
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Contributor

I have not seen any addon programs that would provide that function, and ACT! itself does not support it.

By looking at your Opportunity List, you can multiple select them, but when you right-click you'll notice the "close" option is grey-out.

This is not terribly surprising since part of the Opportunity Closing procedure is recording "why" it closed successfully or not. Without thsi information, closing stats are significantly less meaningful upon review.

Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca
JW
Copper Contributor

While I understand your point, it depends on the type of business and the business practices.  It also is a issue of VAB.  It some cases closing hundreds of opportunities in a timely manner is more important than recording a history note when we wouldn't any way.

Not all lost opp's have a cause.

Nickel Contributor

I don't disagree with your point (especially since you can clear multiple activities), but I was providing what likely was the rationale behind the inability to close multiple opportunities at once.
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca
JW
Copper Contributor

Thanks, I appreciate the insight, it just doesn't help me.  I wish it was an option similar to record or do not record history note....you get my drift.
Nickel Contributor

Please note that when you rank an answer in this community with a 1 out of 5, you're rating the contributor as well as the contribution.

In your case, your feedback demoted me from a "trusted contributor" down to a "contributor" with one negative review, and I simply answered the question you posted correctly.

Please consider this before you shoot the next messenger.

Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca
JW
Copper Contributor

Sorry, I thought I was rating the usefulness of the response to resolve the issue.  Can I re-rate you seperate from the content as while your response was insightful it didn't help fix my problem. 

I meant nothing against you at all.

Nickel Contributor

Not sure what options are available to you to change or rank my other responses, but don't worry too much about it.

I wanted to make the point so you better understood the implications of the feedback system, and it sounds like you do.

No hard feelings here.

Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca
Copper Contributor

My ACT vendor/consultant is Chris Williams of CRM Solutions in New York   http://www.crmsi.com/

Chris works with a company that writes addons, and that company has an addon that lets you change any fields (even multiple fields) in multiple contacts in one fell swoop  -- including closing multiple opportunities at once.  Works like a charm.