Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Closing Opportunities with Mulitple Contacts Attached: ACT v21

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Closing Opportunities with Mulitple Contacts Attached: ACT v21

We are currently using a shared database in a windows 10 environment. We have some scenarios whereby the opportunity includes multiple companies. How do we ensure for reporting purposes that we see the revenue against the company we want the revenue to close against? Currently I cannot detect a trend towards how the close works. For example, the paying client at times is reported, but other times we see the revenue against one of the other companies within the opportunity that is part of the opportunity but not paying the invoice.

Any insight would be extremely appreciated! Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tammy0930
‎01-23-2019 09:43 AM
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Closing Opportunities with Mulitple Contacts Attached: ACT v21

The only thing I can think of is use a custom field and use this to show the invoice customer name. 

When linking people and companies it's just a link from the TBL_CONTACT_OPPORTUNITY and TBL_COMPANY_OPPORTUNITY which are just a one to many linking tables to the opportunity. I'm not sure what report you are using but if you run the opportunities by status report it shows the contact and company from the last linked contact. Act! doesn't really have any concept of which contact / company on a multiple linked opportunity which company the opportunity has been won by.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tammy0930
‎01-23-2019 09:43 AM
Nickel Super Contributor

The only thing I can think of is use a custom field and use this to show the invoice customer name. 

When linking people and companies it's just a link from the TBL_CONTACT_OPPORTUNITY and TBL_COMPANY_OPPORTUNITY which are just a one to many linking tables to the opportunity. I'm not sure what report you are using but if you run the opportunities by status report it shows the contact and company from the last linked contact. Act! doesn't really have any concept of which contact / company on a multiple linked opportunity which company the opportunity has been won by.

Highlighted

I suspected as much...I'll explore the custom field idea. Many thanks for taking the time to provide input!