Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Clicking Opportunity in Contact Tab does not open proper Opportunity

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Clicking Opportunity in Contact Tab does not open proper Opportunity

This doesn't happen every time, but often enough that it is a nuisance. When I have an opportunity listed under a contact and want to view it, clicking it from the Opportunity Tab under the Contact View often will bring up a different Opportunity. In order to view the proper Opportunity, I have to either right click the Opportunity and choose "Create Look up" and then double click the Opportunity or manually search for it in the Opportunities view.

Has anyone else encountered this & is there a fix?

I am running ACT! by Sage Premium 2010 Version 12.1.181.0, with Hot Fix 1.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jtrippetti
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Clicking Opportunity in Contact Tab does not open proper Opportunity

Thank you for the information. It's unfortunate because we're not in a position to purchase ACT 2011. However I did find another workaround. If you right click the opportunity from the contact view and choose "Create Opportunity Lookup" it will open up a lookup with just that opportunity. One more click & you can view the opportunity.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Super Contributor

The issue you describe is present when performing a Lookup in the Opportunities screen and then going to a contact and opening an Opportunity that is not contained within the Opportunities Lookup results.  This is a reported issue with ACT! 2010 and is resolved in ACT! 2011.  The work-around for 2010 is to perform a Lookup > All Opportunities to reset the Lookup results.

Greg Martin
Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author jtrippetti
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Thank you for the information. It's unfortunate because we're not in a position to purchase ACT 2011. However I did find another workaround. If you right click the opportunity from the contact view and choose "Create Opportunity Lookup" it will open up a lookup with just that opportunity. One more click & you can view the opportunity.

Platinum Super Contributor

Thank you for the work-around!

Greg Martin
Sage