Do you mean 

Clear Activity for Activity Type Call

Copper Contributor

Clear Activity for Activity Type Call

Environment:

• Act! Premium Version 19.1.63.0, Update 2
  • Windows 10, Fully Up-To-Date

Background:

I need to conduct calls with clients as if they were meetings.  These are scheduled calls in advance, just like meetings are scheduled in advance.  But, they are not meetings; they are phone calls.  I need to record in History whether or not I have a Meeting or a Call because the distinction is highly important in my profession, as it is in many professions.

When clearing a Call Activity, the drop down box for Results offers:

• Call Attempted
  • Call Completed
  • Call Received
  • Call Left Message

Like Meetings that could be cleared as Meeting Not Held as a Clear Activity option, a phone call may not be held; however, the Clear Activity drop down box does not offer a "not held" option.

QUESTION:

Can the Clear Activity Results drop down box for a Call Activity be edited as to include a "Call Not Held" option?  If so, how can it be done, step-by-step?

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Clear Activity for Activity Type Call

[ Edited ]

I would suggest you create a custom Activity called "Client Call" or whatever is suitable to identify it.

See the following KB - http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13870

HTH

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Copper Contributor

Re: Clear Activity for Activity Type Call

Custom Activities for not create a date field which means you cannot search for Not Contacted within a date range on that custom activity like you do with

Last Meeting

Last Reach etc

We do have a custom plugin however that resolves this if interested $35 per user AUD

It allows you to create a date field with the same name as the customer activity, once this is done the date will will update on clearing a custom activity

Michael Bryant

Act Today