Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cleaning database

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Cleaning database

Hi everyone,

I'm working with our Act! database, and I'm finding that the data is outdated (companies closed that I'm trying to mail to, email bounces). How do you suggest I clean up the database? Have 5500 records. 

Thanks,

T

• Act! Premium Version 18.1
  • Microsoft Office Version: 1705
  • Shared Database
  • Windows 7

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author TinaA
‎12-15-2017 09:06 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Cleaning database

There is no easy answer but a point to look at is if an email bounces it often means that person has moved on but the company is still there. The only way of being sure is to ring them up and ask who is now in the position of the person you were talking to.

You could simply deleted all records not contacted over 2 years but that might be a little drastic.

I do have a couple of clients who use data houses who validate the database contact information but of course this comes at a price. NB If you go down this route you will need to export the data with a UID field so it can be imported back into the correct place. More info can be supplied if you need it.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author TinaA
‎12-15-2017 09:06 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Cleaning database

There is no easy answer but a point to look at is if an email bounces it often means that person has moved on but the company is still there. The only way of being sure is to ring them up and ask who is now in the position of the person you were talking to.

You could simply deleted all records not contacted over 2 years but that might be a little drastic.

I do have a couple of clients who use data houses who validate the database contact information but of course this comes at a price. NB If you go down this route you will need to export the data with a UID field so it can be imported back into the correct place. More info can be supplied if you need it.