Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Clean Up ACT 2013 Premium with Customs Tables

Copper Contributor

Clean Up ACT 2013 Premium with Customs Tables

In the past I used one CustomTable Program and later on an other one,a better one, but it gives sometimes

conflicts in the layouts and data handling

What I intend to do is  to cleanup the Standard ACT Database back to its original form , WITH the fields and data  I added lately.

I approached both Custom Table)Companies who made these "addons" but they admitted  I cannot delete the Custom Tables due to a bug in ACT/their Prg..

So I have to start up with all my addresses and fields ,without these Custom Tables.

From there I can build up step by step the ( best ) Addon Custom tables Program.

What is best way: to make an empty Database, keeping all the fields and data in the fields   ..and if possible the screenlayout.

I have made several backups of ACT and also the Custom Tables.

William

Copper Contributor

Re: Clean Up ACT 2013 Premium with Customs Tables

Further to the CleanUp, i like to say, that Copy to Empty Database is also copying the CustomTable TABs below,so

apparently it copies also some issues from these Custom Table Programs.

So I think have to start from scrath, adding the fields  and make new layout, and then Import from Excel ??

William

Silver Contributor

In my experience, the problems you are describing are not usually caused by custom tables, but with synchronization. Are you sure the problem si with teh addons and not with synchronization.

Further, save copy as is not going to do everything.  YOu may be better off by cleaning up your database rather than starting over.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Platinum Elite Contributor

Be aware that the custom table become physically part of the database so most of your ideas won't work.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

We are not aware of ANY bug in ACT which would cause an add-on not to delete a custom table. 

If Impact Suite v5 is not one of the ones you tried then you can download the free 30 day trial just to delete your custom table.

If Impact cannot delete the custom table please contact our tech support: suport@durkincomputing.com.

It may be your database needs to be repaired.

Thanks

-- Jim Durkin

www.DurkinComputing.com