Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Class Not Registered When Emailing Contact - Fresh Install

Copper Contributor

Class Not Registered When Emailing Contact - Fresh Install

[ Edited ]

I just finished a fresh clean install of Windows 10, then Microsoft Office 2016, then Act v17.2 and everything went extremely smoothly.  I no longer get those object reference errors when exiting Act etc.

However, I now notice that when I click on a contact email address to send an email, it sends me the following error:

Email-HH.JPG

Please help!!

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Class Not Registered When Emailing Contact - Fresh Install

Before..  I suggest that you turn off User Account Control (UAC)  (...this should be done before installing Act!)

The following article may help...

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23311

Remember to frequently back up your database

Best regards and Good luck...

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com
Copper Contributor

Thanks, was able to resolve it by registering Redemption.DLL.  Unfortunately, now Microsoft Outlook won't open a new email window dialogue when I click on someone's email address.  It says, "Not setup for your operating system" or something to that effect.  I click OK, and then the eliptical mouse pointer just rotates for a while, disappears, and Act is unresponsive.

Interestingly, once I close Act, the new email window pops up from Microsoft Outlook.  This is a mess!  Really need to get this resolved.

Employee

Hi,

With respect to the Office 2016 and ACT v17.2 please check this article below regarding the error message you get,

http://kb.internal.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38221/kw/operating%20system
Copper Contributor

Thanks, I was able to get all of these issues resolved which is a relief!!  Thanks again.