Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Citrix XenDesktop

Copper Contributor

Re: Citrix XenDesktop

Add Some Kudos to my post so people see that it is the fix... Hope to help all that have this issue with ACT!

I am also having the same problem. I can register Act in the golden image without a problem. I minute i update the master image and publish desktop I am prompted the register and activate the product every time I logon. The activation data is not being saved in pooled desktop. If you have a solution that works then I would be very interested. please reply.

Thanks

Copper Contributor

See my other post but basically follow steps in this kb to reinstall just the Protexis part. On the master/golden image. It's been a while and I'm building out a new image using i ideal app layering next go round.

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23027/~/how-do-i-uninstall-and-reinstall-the-protexis-lice...

I'm interested in the solution. please email me
Highlighted

I know this is an old thread, but any help would be much appreciated.  I'm running XenDesktop with Provisioning Services.  Tried spoofing the MAC address, etc.  Can't think of what else to try so any insight would be much appreciated.

Administrator

Are you having the same issue, where registration data is not retained?

Correct, I get registration issues and the Protexis support stopping on my session hosts, but all works fine on the gold image.

Thanks,

Tim

Copper Super Contributor

Hello Tim,

just perform the steps from this KB on the golden image:

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23027/~/how-do-i-uninstall-and-reinstall-the-protexis-lice...

Update the session host and it should work.

Dont ask me why but it works everytime for me.

Thanks, I ran though that once before, but trying again.  One file I can't seem to find to delete is the 10 digit .sys file.  I removed the entire c:\programdata\protexis folder so maybe it was in there and I missed it, but haven't come across that one.  This is Act 19.1 btw.

Thanks,

Tim

This appears to have worked, thanks!