Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Citrix XenDesktop

Copper Contributor

Re: Citrix XenDesktop

I got a call from the engineer.  He said with the current version there is not a workaround for the xendesktop licensing issues.  However, he said on September 10th, there will be a new version of ACT that will include several different ways to do licensing.  He didn't guarantee that it would work, but at least the 10th isn't too far away, so we can test it out.

Silver Super Contributor

We have been working with ACT! (Swiftpage) tech support and actually have ACT! 2013 working with XenDesktop.  The solution we came up with yesterday isn't perfect and we're still doing some research on it to try and make it better.  ACT! tech support is going to get with Protexis to see if there is a better solution than the one we have currently found.  We're hoping to hear back later this week or next week.  I will post how to get it working when we come up wiith a better solution.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

[ Edited ]

HI,

I am having the same problem. When users connect to their xendesktops ACT! hangs.

Albeit the solution you came up with Stan is not perfect, I would be very pleased could you share it. I have been trying to fix this for ages and I am stuck!

Many thanks.

Ragnar

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Swiftpage told me that if I used the trial for v16, it should work with xendesktop.  It doesn't.  Still the same old protexis error.  It specifically says, "A service required to use Act is not currently running. Please log on to your computer as an Administrator and start the service manually.  Click start and type "services.msc" in the start Search field.  Right click Protexis Licensing and then click start.  Once complete, restart Act."  I can restart the service, but that doesn't help.  If you know how to resolve this issue, please share.

Silver Super Contributor

I have sent you a private email.  Check the little envelope at the upper right of the screen.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Silver Super Contributor

I have sent you a private email.  Check the envelope on the upper right of the screen.

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com

Hi there, I know this is an old post, however I am having the same issue with XenDesktop 7.5 (non-persistent) and even though I have activated in the GOLD image, I am still getting a prompt to activate for all users of the pooled desktop

Sage /  SwiftPage support are saying that this is not a supported configuration, however if you have any pointers I would greatly appreciate it

Many thanks and best regards

Alex

Copper Contributor

Again I know this is old, running in to the same issue with our new 7.5 deployment    any ideas.  is there an update that might help

Silver Contributor

We run ACT over Citrix in a 7.5 environment with Server 2012. We were able to get past this issue using Silent Install KB Instructions.

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37611

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

If anyone is interested, I have this resolved.  I'd be happy to share my solution with anyone having the same issue with XenDesktop, Citrix Provisioning Services, etc.  This solution does not require Personal VDisks, and works on multiple desktops with different names and MAC addresses.  This solution was a collaboration between ACT support, who provided information about how the Protexis service was storing it's information, and a script I created to make the activation/registration unique for each individual desktop.  This same solution would work for any imaging solution, not just Citrix Provisioning.