Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Citrix - An attempt was made to access the framework without having logged on to the database.

Citrix - An attempt was made to access the framework without having logged on to the database.

[ Edited ]

I just found this thread doing a search for the error, and it appears we're having a similar problem, however in our case it seems anyone who isn't an administrator of the server Act Premium is installed on gets this error message, and if you add the user as an administrator, the problem goes away.

Has there been any further research as to why this is happening to non-admins? We can't just go around making everyone an administrator.

Act is currently installed on Win2008 Server, and UAC is disabled.

Message Edited by todrescher on 05-06-2009 07:21 PM
Message Edited by dlunceford on 05-08-2009 09:12 AM

Re: An attempt was made to access the framework without having logged on to the database.

Are you using Citrix or Terminal Services?

Re: An attempt was made to access the framework without having logged on to the database.

[ Edited ]

Forgot to mention that, Citrix.

Edit: Also, as I've been searching around and have come across more information from other people that have had similar problems, I'll include the following:

The database is located on a shared drive that the users have full control of. I found the article about the minimum permissions for ACT and everything checked out, but one thing I'm trying now is giving the users group full control of both the HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft SQL 2005 Redis registry keys. The article mentioned that for installing, but I'm going to test if it is needed for running as well.

Edit^2: Changing the registry key made no difference. However, I tested out and was able to create a new database on the server where ACT is installed and am able to access that from a non-admin account. However, as I mentioned above, our databases are located on a separate server under shared folders, so it seems it will only allow that to work as an admininstrator, not a regular user. So still back at the original problem, but at least know I know it is rights-mapped drive related.
Message Edited by todrescher on 05-07-2009 12:09 PM

Switch one of the users that is having the issue to an administrator and then open the database.  Go to Tools > Preferences and see if any of the Personal File Locations on the General tab are pointing to the administrator's profile or location where standard users do not have access.

Re: Citrix - An attempt was made to access the framework without having logged on to the database.

It looks like that info is defaulting to the users' default profile location. I couldn't find a way to change that for everyone, so I'm going to try tomorrow to add a user to the admin group, change those settings, and then remove the user from the admin group to see if that helps any.

Re: Citrix - An attempt was made to access the framework without having logged on to the database.

[ Edited ]
After taking the test user account back out of the administrators group for the server, I got that error again trying to log in to the database inside of ACT, so the personal file location isn't the problem.
Message Edited by todrescher on 05-13-2009 09:30 AM