Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Chrome lssue - login screen not displaying properly

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Chrome lssue - login screen not displaying properly

ACT Premium Web - just upgraded to Version 20

Login screen is not displaying properly 

Asks for User ID and password in lower left hand corner - rest of screen is entirely gray

What is going on?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author 4001327047
a month ago
Administrator

Re: Chrome lssue - login screen not displaying properly

Hmm, if it's only happening in Chrome it definitely sounds like a browser display issue.

I'd recommend clearing your cookies and cache data (CTRL + SHIFT +DEL on chrome, or trying to load the site in an incognito window (CTRL + SHIFT + N) as this doesn't use the same settings as the default browser window.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Bronze Elite Contributor

Just possible if using IE that you still have Compatibility Mode selected and ACT 20 does not work well if it is.

In IE go to Tools and Compatibility Mode and deselect.

Don't understand

I am using Chrome not IE

Administrator

Sounds like the login screen is not rendering correctly - two possibilities that I can see for that.

1) The browser is blocking some of the content - as ch1p suggested some sort of compatibility view may be in effect, though I don't believe chrome has any features like that - but something like AdBlock going haywire or unsecured content being blocked is possible.
If you could try opening the site in IE, just to see if the issue is the same, it will help us figure out if it's a browser issue or something else.

2) The site itself is damaged/not installed properly. Any chance you could test the site from another machine or another users PC? If the issue is the same on another PC then it sounds like something's not quite right with the site itself. In this case there are a few different things that could cause the issue - but I'd start with reinstalling the software on the server as a catch-all.

Hope this helps
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re my answer - I read the problem, but not the heading hence my silly reply but what happens if you do use IE?

Don't have the issue with IE

Would not be easy to test on another machine as I have ACT Premium for Web integrated with Outlook 2016 on my machine 

Solution
Accepted by topic author 4001327047
a month ago
Administrator

Hmm, if it's only happening in Chrome it definitely sounds like a browser display issue.

I'd recommend clearing your cookies and cache data (CTRL + SHIFT +DEL on chrome, or trying to load the site in an incognito window (CTRL + SHIFT + N) as this doesn't use the same settings as the default browser window.

Thank you This deleting cookies did it.

Much appreciated

I am having the same issue with Chrome and the login page. 

Logging in using MSIE11 gives me a nice snazzy log in screen. 

Chrome looks like it has been hacked. 

Administrator

Hi Mark,

It's likely that your browser is just caching some parts of the 'old' login page from v19 and trying to apply this to the v20 page which causes it to look broken.

If you just clear your website data cache it should be resolved. The steps above should work, and should only be required once.