Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Chosing accouts to link History

Kym

Chosing accouts to link History

I like the fact that contacts can record your history of emails sent through Outlook; HOWEVER, I want to manually chose which accounts show email history.  I do not want everyday emails between employees being recorded in Act.  No matter what rule exception I make in Outlook, my emails sent to fellow employees keep showing up in my Sage account history tab and theirs.  I also do not want to have to check not to record history everytime I send an email.  Big Pain Point!    Suggestions?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Chosing accouts to link History

Hello Kym,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community.

What version of ACT! are you using?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Kym

Hi Greig-

Thanks- I am using Sage 2012.

Kym

Platinum Elite Contributor

ACT! 2012 has a preference to enable/disable recording of email history between users. This needs to be done on each user's machine individually:
- Go to Tools > Preferences > Admin tab (click right arrow on tab row to bring in view)
- Under the "Notes and History" section, uncheck the box for "Allow history creation for emails sent from a user of this database to another user"
- Click Apply, then click OK

This will only be effective if the email addresses they send to are in the user's contact record.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

DesignR1 has an add-on that will allow you to do this...see https://www.designr1.com/shop/outlook-integrater1/

Kym

Thank you!  I believe it's actually working now. 

What if my contact has 2 email addresses that I would like it to link to his/her history no matter what email account of theirs it comes from?  I tried to add a contact's 2nd email to personal email, but it won't link and won't add emails to their history when it comes from that email address.  ???

In advance, thank you!

Kym