Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cheaper way for more users?

Accepted Solution Solved
Skilled Commentator
Accepted Solution

Cheaper way for more users?

I have premium 2012.  I have 13 inactive users/staff (we are a Personal Training Studio), but only have one active/purchased user as ACT is installed on one computer which we all use.  We are now doing lots of mobile sessions/out of office and need each of these inactive users to be able to access their calendar remotely/from home/from clients houses etc, and only access their calendar and not other peoples private ande valuable information (it does not matter if they can at the business as they are never alone).  

I know there's lots of great option to do this such as handheld contact or ACT for web.  So that's not the issue.   The issue is all of these option require me to purchase another license for each of the Personal Trainers. Which equates to about a $10,000 expense accross 13 Trainers!!! And we are taking more staff on soon.  Some of these Trainers only do 5 or so appoinbtments a week so we just can't justify that expense, but we are struggling with communication issues with Trainers putting things in ACT days late when they are back at our Studio.

I don't mind spending $1000+ for a solution, but $10,000 is just not worth it for us.

Does anyone have a more realistically priced solution?  

Thanks 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author scott hunt
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Contributor

Re: Cheaper way for more users?

Not really an option Scott as that would require hiding fields on the layout and they would only need to change layouts or go to the contact list to display the fields.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Bronze Contributor

The only possible solution might be Topline Dashboard with Topline Alerts and email them their calendar although this option does not allow them to update their own calendar but a $250 solution plus any consulting that might be required to create all of the alerts to go out on an hourly, 4 hourly or daily basis

Paul Buchtmann

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Silver Contributor

Your price estimate is extremely high (about 2x).  if everyone needs access, you can't really do it with inactive users.  Let me know if you would like to have a discussion.  There are rent options from hosting providers, leas options and well at other options. 

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Skilled Commentator

Thanks Paul, yes I have played around with that idea and for such a cheap idea it's a good idea, but of course relying on Trainers to email us appointment changes for us to them put in would create as many problems as it would solve.  Although I might be forced to look at this until the budget allows for to buy a user per Trainer.  This could be set up to email each Trainer their full day or full weeks schedule in user friendly way the night before couldn't it?

Is there another option where I could buy one user which is on ACT Saas or web and have extremely strict security settings on it.  They would be an inactive user and be able to see the other dozen inactive users and their sessions too.  They could book sessions for themselves or other inactive users, just like at the moment.   But ALL they would be able to see is the appointment and client name.  There would be NO access to client information, phone numbers or other details which could be stolen?

Skilled Commentator

Thanks Jon,

That price estimate is based on $592 per premium user X 13 = $7696 plus set up, plus ongoing costs, plus the fact that we would be adding at least another couple of new users a year based on current growth.  Yes I'd be interested in any opther cheaper alternatives you have as although we desperately need a solution the above is way way out of the ball park.

On the plus side at least we only have this problem due to business increasing!Smiley Happy

Bronze Elite Contributor

Better to use a product such as Wired Contact which can provide concurrent license. Customers and consultant's would be doing everybody a favour in requesting Sage ACT! to provide concurrent license as an option.     

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Bronze Contributor

Graeme is right and the option might be to go to something like wired although knowing your site and some of the automation and knowing Wired I would sugges the initial investment might be in the order of 2-4k to convert and implement but if you want further details let me know.

Paul Buchtmann

Skilled Commentator

Thanks Graeme and Paul the concurrent license sounds like a much better idea, some of the staff would only be logged in for 1 to 2 hours a week which is one of the reasons is more premium licenses seem overpriced.

I gather Wired Contact would involve completely changing from ACT and the two can't intergrate at all?   That would be a last resort for me, and I would probebly still need 5 concurrent licenses anyway as most people would log in at our prime time not other times.

Paul, what about my idea of buying another user license where staff can see each other appointments but has extremely strict security settings to hide phone numbers etc? 

Solution
Accepted by topic author scott hunt
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Contributor

Not really an option Scott as that would require hiding fields on the layout and they would only need to change layouts or go to the contact list to display the fields.

Paul Buchtmann