I have a PC with Microsoft Windows XP, sp2 and I'm using ACT! by Sage Premium 2008 (10.0) (ST Edition) Version 10.0.1.199 English (Europe)) with Microsoft Office 2003 for a mail merge operation.
In my Act! preferences, I have set Microsoft Outlook as the default email client
and Microsoft Word (2003, SP2) as the default editor.
I create a new letter/email-template file (test.adt) containing only one word: Arpège.
If I write a new email message (from template) using test.adt, the resulting email will not contain the word Arpège, but the something like ArpÃge instead.
This happens with all the non-English characters (e.g. Greek characters). If I change the Act! preferences and use the Act! editor instead of Microsoft Word, the characters appear properly in the generated emails. I have tried changing many settings in Winword with no result.