Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Changing an existing field type to drop down multi select refuses to change on layout

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Changing an existing field type to drop down multi select refuses to change on layout

Using the latest version of Act Premium v 21.1.187.0 Update 4 We have a Reasons Lost field against an opportunity - this was a drop down list working fine the sales team wanted to make that multi select as sometimes there is more than 1 reason We changed this on the master database - synched just fine We removed that field from the layout and then readded it but it refuses to show the NEW multi select drop down status If I add a BRAND new field which is multi select drop down then it works just fine adding this to the layout Can anyone else replicate this? Is this a bug? Any workarounds? I could really do with this field/layout issue being fixed otherwise I will have to add a new field and migrate all legacy data into the new field and finally remove the old field Thanks in advance Andy Kent
Andy Kent
Angel Solutions
www.angelsolutions.co.uk
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: Changing an existing field type to drop down multi select refuses to change on layout

Hi Andy

I have used a demo database and gone through the same process and all worked as expected so not able to replicate.

Is the field showing as one that can be added when editing the layout? If not it maybe on the layout but hidden under other fields etc as have had this before. Also seen where a field had the same background as the layout so went invisible. What happens if you try this on an alternative Opportunity layout?  Lastly might have become corrupted in some way so running a database repair would not hurt.

Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Changing an existing field type to drop down multi select refuses to change on layout

we have seen a simular issue..

a field with dropdown, changed in the master to only accept values in the dropdown... this information is not syncronised to the 32 Remote DB´s, this bug is confirmed by swiftpage... 

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 208 56192-34
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

thanks for suggestions - already tried all repairs field is available to be added - have even tried removing field saving layout and reading but get the same result it "retains" the original status of the field almost like it is cached locally? so nothing to do with visibility - it's always there and accessible but just will not change to reflect the change in the server for that field no matter how many times we synch or run all db repair/reindex options tried adding it to a different layout and got the same issue so just to confirm this is a field that has existed for ages as a drop down list - we CHANGE on the server to make it multi select - but after synching (several times over a few weeks) that field when re-added to the layout, removed, added again … doesn't show the multi select status in that dropdown if we DO create a brand new multi select field on the server and then synch we add it to the layout and it behaves properly - so this is JUST for an existing field that this bug exists
Andy Kent
Angel Solutions
www.angelsolutions.co.uk
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

ah ok so this IS a confirmed bug - do you know if there are plans for this to be fixed? or how I can get this escalated? Many thanks Andy
Andy Kent
Angel Solutions
www.angelsolutions.co.uk