Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Changing Record Manager in Publisher Database doesn't sync to Remote Database

Tuned Listener

Changing Record Manager in Publisher Database doesn't sync to Remote Database

I have a publisher database and I want to assign a contact record to a different User.

I click Edit

Click Replace Field

Change Record Manager to new user.

I re-synch the remote database of the original record manager and it has not updated the record to the new manager or removed the record from his Remote DB as I would expect.

Am I missing a step?

Many Thanks

Craig

Tuned Listener

Re: Changing Record Manager in Publisher Database doesn't sync to Remote Database

Update: After applying SP1 Hotfix, the Record Manager is updating properly.  However, how would I cause the updated record to be removed from the remote database since the original is no longer responsible for the account?

Tuned Listener

Re: Changing Record Manager in Publisher Database doesn't sync to Remote Database

Also, I have a sync set defined where Manager (Record Manager if they were to get the field names correct) = "Username."  I want to limit the remote db to only records where the User is the record manager.

Thanks

Tuned Listener

Records created at the Publisher side are removed if the Record manager is changed.  However, if the record was created on the Remote Database and the Record Manger is changed in the Publisher Database, then the record sits on the remote database even with the new Record Manager value.  The Sync Set criteria is not being adjusted during the sync process.

hope this makes some sense.