Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Changing Multiple contacts to Companies

Copper Contributor

Changing Multiple contacts to Companies

The DBase I am using has all everone listed as a contact - when most are actually companies (with several contacts within each company, and sometimes several divisions)

Can I highlight 100 Contacts and "create company from contact"?

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Changing Multiple contacts to Companies

newatatc wrote:

Can I highlight 100 Contacts and "create company from contact"?

The answer to that specific question is not without an addon. Here is a link to one such addon. http://www.adsprogramming.com/products.htm
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com
Copper Contributor

Thanks Royel -- And thanks again Sage, yet another essential feature used in large databases that ACT 10 doesnt do......(Must be requested or needed by many users out there for a 3rd party to have made an add on) I will again go to the 'suggest feature' page and suggest this be a part of ACT .... seems that it should be a natural component of the worlds #1 Contact and Customer Manager

Platinum Elite Contributor

You might post a request for this feature to be considered for a future version here - http://www.act.com/community/feature

Input from this web page goes directly into a database that management has direct access to read, and which they also track and gather statistics on.

Copper Contributor

I would like to suggest this and many other features for future versions/addons for ACT --- The first suggestion I have is:

Make the product upgrade suggestion page anyonymous

newatatc wrote:

I would like to suggest this and many other features for future versions/addons for ACT --- The first suggestion I have is:

Make the product upgrade suggestion page anyonymous

Why? If there's an interesting feature, they may want to contact the author to get more information

Copper Contributor

Did I mark that as an acceptable solution??? I dont recall doing that - And I would like to revoke on that....

I accept knowing that ACT can not perform this operation,  I dont accept knowing this - as a solution to my question....

If the answer is that ACT! doesn't do a function or that there is an add-on to perform the function, then the person did answer the question.

Copper Contributor

newatatc wrote:

Did I mark that as an acceptable solution??? I dont recall doing that - And I would like to revoke on that....

I accept knowing that ACT can not perform this operation,  I dont accept knowing this - as a solution to my question.... 

Hi,

To revoke an Accepted Solution, click on Options to the upper right corner of the post you marked as a Solution, and click Unmark as Accepted Solution. 

Copper Contributor

Alright Mike - I would say question answered - no solution available - but I will agree with the forum process...

Thanks for your help (on this question - and the others that you answered for me)