Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Changing Default For Record History When Sending A Mail Merge In Act 2009

Changing Default For Record History When Sending A Mail Merge In Act 2009

Prior to installing the latest Service Pack, when sending a mail merge, in step 5 of 7 - the second option 'Email Record History Type' defaulted to "Email Subject Only" which was great.  If for some reason I did not want the record history of that mail merge to be recorded, I had to manually change it to "none."

Ever since I installed the service pack, the default is now "None" and I have to manually change it to "Email Subject Only."

Is there a way to change the default back?  This is so annoying b/c all my users keep forgetting to change it and then get annoyed that their email history is not in the database.

Any help  would be greatly appreciated! 

Re: Changing Default For Record History When Sending A Mail Merge In Act 2009

If you go back though the email system setup, you can change the default preference there (step 5 of 7).  Is it already set to Email Subject Only?

Re: Changing Default For Record History When Sending A Mail Merge In Act 2009

Thanks for the response.  Yes, in the email set up the default preference is already set to record the email subject in history (which is does when sending out individual emails); however, when we send email mail merges, it still defaults to "None" in step 5 of 7, and has to be manually changed each time to record the email subject in history.  

Thanks.