Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Change word on field

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Change word on field

How can I replace a drop menu fields that are already entered to change to a new one but only customer that have a specific word in the title fields.

For example, in the field I have now the title DIRECTEUR(TRICE) and I want to change by MISS BUT only customer that have this word.

screenshot-community.act.com-2019.02.09-14-55-40.png

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author infoconceptlc
Monday
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Change word on field

Sounds like you have tyhe salutation preference set to last name. See Tools | preferences | general.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nickel Super Contributor

You could do a lookup of the field using the operator "Contains" instead of "Starts with" type in the value you want to find and click OK. If you are happy with the results then go into the Edit menu at the top select Replace Data and replace the field you wanted updated to the new value.

[ Edited ]

Can I pick in the list the customer and change only those I have selected be the new title ?

Nickel Super Contributor

It will update the whole lookup, if you only want to amend one contact then do it from the list of results, intead of using the replace data. 

OK, another thing I would like to solve is when I create a new customer file, I enter the contact name and they add automaticaly the last name in the salutation field... check the video I made here:  https://www.useloom.com/share/5118525c8cfb428aa618685377554d7c

How Can I solde this ?

Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author infoconceptlc
Monday
Platinum Elite Contributor

Sounds like you have tyhe salutation preference set to last name. See Tools | preferences | general.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129