Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Change status of multiple opportunities in one step

Copper Super Contributor

Change status of multiple opportunities in one step

[ Edited ]

We'd like to be able to select a bunch of opportunities and change their status is one operation - most likely changing status from Open to Closed-Won although other changes are possible.

I can't see how to do this via ACT! itself. Would it be straightforward just to go into the sql tables at the back and change this field, or is the data structure more complex than that?

Alternatively is there a free or cheap add-on that would permit this?

Thanks

PS using ACT! 2008

Message Edited by joe w on 02-03-2010 04:09 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Change status of multiple opportunities in one step

Unfortunately, this is not an available function in ACT! 2008. This was added in ACT! 2010 (12.0) with the new Opportunities structure.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Super Contributor

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately we are not planning on upgrading just yet.

Is it a straightforward change in the backend SQL tables - if the status is just stored in a single field in a single table we could just edit it in there with a sql update query?

thanks

Bronze Super Contributor

This is not really possible - the Act! SQL SA password is locked down,

While there are likely ways to do a hack, you chance breaking something - especially syncrhonization - not to mention you are breaking the EULA if you do this.

If you do not have plans to upgrade in the near term, I would guess that there is a reasonably priced add-on that will do this.

You might check out Durkin Computing's line up for one...

Silver Contributor

This should be possible with Opportunity LIst Plus from Durkin Computing (durkingcomputing.com)

http://contactlistplus.com/ACTAddonsOpportunityListPlus.aspx

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Tuned Listener

You mentioned there is a way to change multiple status in opportunities in ACT 2010.  How do you filter on a few ops and change them all form open to closed-won for example.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello DuPure,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community. To change the status of multiple opportunities in ACT! 2010:

- Lookup the Opportunities you wish to change, either by doing a lookup or highlighting them on the opportunity list, right-clicking and selecting Lookup Selected

- Once you have the list of opportunities to edit, then go to Edit > Replace Field

- Choose the Status field, then for the value type the number for the status you wish to change them to:

0 = Open

1 = Closed-Won

2 = Closed-Lost

3 = Inactive

* You have to use numbers since the Status is a radio button, not a field value

- Click OK to run the change

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

Awesome! Thanks.

I got as far as the replace feature, but it wouldn't take typing. 

Thanks again!

Copper Contributor

I am using 2012 premium an I cant find status in the replace field... did this change?

Copper Contributor

No one replied to this User's question and now I'm running into the same problem.  I am using 2013 HF2 and I would like to update the Status for a large group of Opportunities.  Under "Relace" the "Status" is not listed although all the other fields are.

Does anyone know why that is the case or what can be done to allow lookup updates to the Opportunity Status.

Thank you for your help!