Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Change password!?

Tuned Listener

Change password!?

Hi my name is Thomas

i'm working with Act premium 11.0 2009 web version

i would like to change my and employe's password

i go on the icon tools-preferences-general there's tab change password but i can't select it

help me please

Thomas 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Change password!?

Hello Thomas,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. This may be due to a setting in your user profile. You will need to open the database through the installed ACT! application and log in as an Administrator user. Then go to Tools/Manage Users and open your user account for editing. On the first edit screen, make sure the box for "User cannot change password" is unchecked.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

How do I "open the database through the installed ACT! application and log in as administrator"?

How do I "open the database through the installed ACT! application and log in as administrator"?

Copper Contributor

Hello wrosser,

To login to Act as an Administrator, go to any PC that has access to the shared database and that has Act installed on it.

Open up Act, open the correct databse and login as the Administrator.

Regards,

Sam Keith
Caldere Associates
www.caldere.com
skeith@caldere.com
+44 (0)1189456220

Thanks for the response. I guess my question should have been how can I retrieve my password. Apparently I mistyped it when I entered it because it will not work now. 

Bronze Elite Contributor

The administrator of your database needs to reset your password. If that is you is any one else an administrator?

My problem is I have two databases in my ACT! program. One does not have a password. I set up one with a password and apparently made a typo in doing so and now I can't get into that database. Because the password I thought I set up is not correct.

Bronze Elite Contributor

As you are a new ACT user we will reset your password for free this time only, note that this would normally be chargeable.

Email chip@actsupport.co.uk for details, We will also ask for a signed declaration that you own the intellectual property rights of the data held on the database.