Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Change letter case in Company Name

Change letter case in Company Name

I can't imagine there isn't a way to do this but I can't find it. Here's the scenario:

Type in a company name for a contact but with a typo in the letters at beginning of company name (eg "XYz Company")
Change the company name to "XYZ Company", save.
Field is automatically re-populated with the incorrect "XYz Company" string.

Try again, erase the company name, type a totally different string in the field ("PDQ Company"), save.
Erase "PDQ Company" and then type "XYZ Company", save.
Again, the field is automatically re-populated with the incorrect "XYz Company" string.

Any ideas out there?
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Change letter case in Company Name

If you have a dropdown list connected to the Company field with Type Ahead enabled and Automatically Add to Dropdown list enabled, that will happen. You need to edit the type first in the dropdown list and then you can correct the actual field record. You did not specify which version of ACT! you are using, the default since ACT! 7 is not to have a dropdown list for the company field, however either ACT! 5 or 6 or perhaps both did have a dropdown for the company field and it had automatically and and type ahead enabled.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

Re: Change letter case in Company Name

Act 2007 Premium ST
Bingo! I can choose edit list values from the dropdown (not sure how I missed that), delete the existing incorrect item then type it in the field directly once again.

Thank you for your reply!

Dale