Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Change Record Managers

Avid Listener

Change Record Managers

Looking for the best way to handle changing the record manager to another person based on the zip code. There are over 3500 records, so doing it manually is not ideal.

thanks

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Change Record Managers

You can update multiple records using the Edit > Replace Field option.

Note: Always create a backup of the database before performing mass updates (File > Backup > Database).

- Create a lookup based on the zip code

- Click Edit > select Replace Field

- Select Field 'Record Manager' > select appropriate user name

- Click OK > all records in Lookup will be updated

Greg Martin
Sage

[ Edited ]

I am trying to switch the record manager on companies so the Sales Representative field in each company equals the Record Manager.  I have the list created, and I have created lists using zip code like Greg mentioned above and Sales representative.  Everytime I go to Edit>Replace Field>choose Record Manager and the choices for my reps is greyed out.  Is there a way to do this?  I have read many blogs and posts and can't find a solution.  All the posts say that I am doing correctly, but I cannot change the field in mass.  The only way to do this is 1 by 1.  Not an acceptable solution. 

I am running:

Sage ACT! Premium 2012 Version 14.1.108.0

Windows 8 Pro.

SQL DB is on a Windows 2008R2 Server.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric

Anyupdate on this?  I still need to change the Record Manager field for companies in ACT.  

Copper Super Contributor

Hello Eric,

Are you able to open your database from SQL Server Management Studio? If so, you can easily create a SQL query to update the fields you want.

Gregory