Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Certain Remote Databases not syncing.

Tuned Listener

Re: Certain Remote Databases not syncing.

from the sync preview.. it's under the impression that the last time my pc tried to sync with it was June 5 of 2009.  is there a config file that will tell me where it is facing to sync?

Copper Super Contributor

Nothing in the config file specifically for Sync.  Rather, on the Subscriber database, choose Tools>Sync>Sync Panel.  From there, choose the Manage Network Connection task - this specifies the machine and port for where the Sync Server, whether Network Sync Server or Application Sync Server (i.e. the ACT! application), resides.  Here you can choose that machines NAME -or- IP Address.

My feeling is that you have a lot of data changes/adds/deletes pending to process for sync on the Publisher database - that's why the timeout message.

Bill Blakey
ACT! Development Team
Sage Software

Tuned Listener

Okay, I found on the client where to change the address for the parent db.  I went as far as changing the hostname to the ip address.  This did not fix the issue.

The following is from the client sync log.

======== SYNC SESSION - 6/17/2009 3:17:21 PM ========

[ Info | 6/17/2009 3:17:21 PM ]Message: Sync remote client created.
[ Info | 6/17/2009 3:17:24 PM ]Message: Checking if schema changes are available for sync.

======== SYNC SESSION - 6/17/2009 2:57:18 PM ========

[ Info | 6/17/2009 2:57:18 PM ]Message: Sync remote client created.
[ Info | 6/17/2009 2:57:19 PM ]Message: Checking if schema changes are available for sync.

Tuned Listener

This is true.. I do have a lot of changes that need to be synced.  I did as you suggested and changed it to 3600.  Should i attempt to put a longer wait time?

Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author cmpolito
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

So you're running a copy of ACT! on the Publisher database machine, right?  If so, you've closed ACT! on that machine, modified and saved the ActSage.exe.config file, THEN re-launched the ACT! application, correct?  You must do this so that the updated config file is recognized and values respected.  3600 for a CommandTimeout is fine, that's an hour.  How long is it taking for the timeout to occur?

Remember that on the Subscriber database, the values for the "Manage Network Connections" dialog specifies the machine running the Sync Server - often times this is the same as the machine hosting the Publisher database - that's fine.  Just wanted to clarify.  The Sync Server is the "middle agent" that handles communication and protocol between the Subscriber and Publisher databases.

Bill Blakey
ACT! Development Team
Sage Software

Tuned Listener

HA HA!!!  That did it.. I changed the time on the client not the server!  Problem solved!  Thanks!