Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Case Management

Case Management

Hi:

We're using Sage ACT! Premium (Web) 2012 Version 14.0.572.0, Hot Fix 2. I've been using ACT for about 15 years, but the web version is new to me.

I'd like to set up a tab for cases (in our case, customer complaints) so we can log them.  Ideally, what I'd like to have is something like the Opportunities tab.

Can this be done out of the box, or is there an add-in that could enable something like this?

Thanks,

Ron Jamieson

Maco PKG

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Case Management

Ron,

There is nothing out-of-the-box, you would need to have a developed solution for that. We have done developments for ACT! Premium for Web, the latest of which is our integration of ACT! Premium for Web and online accounting software. You would need to have a reasonably serious budget for that as ACT! Premium for Web is not easy to produce custom developments for. If you would like to see how a smooth integration of ACT! Premium for Web can work send an email for a logon to our demo site.    

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Hi Graeme:

Thanks for your comment!.

I don't think we have the budget to support a custom development.  This is our company's first foray into CRM, so I need to demonstrate some payback before we go much further.

Do you think it would be possible to clone the Opportunities tab and rename it?

Cheers,

Ron Jamieson

Bronze Elite Contributor

You could obviously use the Opportunities tab in ACT! Premium for Web but you can't rename or clone it.

It comes down to the level of complexity your looking and if the ACT! Opportunties tab will will satisfy the need. In case management  your normally looking to have a unique identifier (case number) and track cases to a conclusion, delegate ownership, escalate based on specified performance timelines etc. You will need to experiment to see if the Opportunities tab is practical. The issue with ACT! Premium for Web is that the user interface (layout etc) is not as flexible as the equivalent in the desktop (Windows) version of ACT!.   

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog