Do you mean 

Card Scan Decision

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Card Scan Decision

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I am looking for a Card Scan (not the brand but a product), but I want to choose the correct one in relation with the compatibility with ACT!2010 Premium.

I have seen some brands,

• WorldCard (Model: Color or Ultra)
  • CardScan ( Personal V8)
  • IrisCard 4 (Model Pro 4)

Well, I have read about them, like CardScan it is not compatible with Windows 7. The others yes.

But, I would like to know, which is the best option related for the easiest way to export cards info to ACT!2010. If one of them do it directly, without any other software additional.

Another question is about Scan It, I have read about it, but I can't get on it. Do I always need it for do what I am looking for which is import the data from the cards to the ACT2010! Contact fields, it doesn't matter which product I choose to buy?

If you could help me with this, it would be great!!

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author marketingcommercial
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Card Scan Decision

I finally decides to buy ScanCard. Model: WorldCard Ultra

And I have to say it works pretty well. Scaning, software are quick, and it recognizes much of the information of the cards.

About compatibility, It is just an issue with the software, and it is about exporting notes from the ScanCard software to ACT!2010.

Instead, everything else works perfectly, sync with ACT!2010, is fast, and it works. You have some options to export to ACT!, going one by one, i.e. inserting a card and it goes automatically imported to ACT!, or a multiple card scaning and later import them all to ACT after editing them all.

I recommend this product, I am happy about its purchase, and it is not one of the more expensives ones. It cost to me 179$.

Hope this information helps for someone with doughts.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Bronze Contributor

I would have a look at asdcomputers.com as they have a product that you can use numerous scanners with as a plugin to ACT!

I have not had a lot of good reports for ScanIT

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Solution
Accepted by topic author marketingcommercial
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

I finally decides to buy ScanCard. Model: WorldCard Ultra

And I have to say it works pretty well. Scaning, software are quick, and it recognizes much of the information of the cards.

About compatibility, It is just an issue with the software, and it is about exporting notes from the ScanCard software to ACT!2010.

Instead, everything else works perfectly, sync with ACT!2010, is fast, and it works. You have some options to export to ACT!, going one by one, i.e. inserting a card and it goes automatically imported to ACT!, or a multiple card scaning and later import them all to ACT after editing them all.

I recommend this product, I am happy about its purchase, and it is not one of the more expensives ones. It cost to me 179$.

Hope this information helps for someone with doughts.

Copper Super Contributor

A recent purchase made by a client was a Dymo Cardscan Execuitive V9 business card scanner.  Works awesome.

Leslie Munson
ACT! Certified Consultant
Swiftpage Gold Drip Marketing Certified Consultant
Patricia Egen Consulting,LLC
Leslie@egenconsulting.com
www.egenconsulting.com
423-875-2652