Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cant log in via IE

Cant log in via IE

• Act! Premium (Web) Version: 19.0.155.0
  • Local Machine – 1 User
  • Windows 10
  • Internet Explorer

I have not been able to log in under IE today.  I can log in under Chrome but ACT! doesnt work properly under Chrome and I can upload the docs I need in history on any other browser besides IE.  Anyone know why I cant get logged on via IE?

Thanks! 

Shannon

Administrator

Re: Cant log in via IE

[ Edited ]

Hi Shannon,

Sorry to hear you can't get logged in using Internet Explorer, that must be frustrating!

Are you getting any error messages when you try to log in?

You've mentioned that you're using Act! Premium Web - is that hosted by yourselves or are you using our Act! Cloud service?

Bronze Elite Contributor

Can you let us know what version of IE you are using?

If earlier than IE 11 then check that Run in compatibility mode is selected. NB Not needed in IE11 and will cause problems if selected.

No error message.  Log in screen just spins after I log in and then shows the log in page again.

Using cloud service.

Using IE 11...what is NB?

Administrator

Do you have any other web browsers installed ie. Google Chrome?

While we recommend IE as the best supported browser, it can be helpful to try logging in using a different browser - this will help us narrow down whether this is a browser settings issue, or a database specific one.

I'd also recommend clearing out your Cookies & Website Data Cache. To do this in internet explorer simply follow the steps below:

• Click the 'gear' icon in the top-right and select "Internet Options

internetoptionsIE.png

• On the Internet Options window - select the "General" tab, and click on the "Delete..." button under Browsing History.
  • On the Window that pops up, ensure that the "Preserve Favourites Website Data" box is unchecked, and that "Temporary Internet Files", "Cookies and Website Data", and "Tracking Protection" options are all checked.

clearcacheIE.PNG

• Click 'Delete' then restart your browser, and try logging in.

Thanks Jon!  I will try this.

ACT! does not fully function in any other browser beside IE unfortunately.  I used to always use Chrome but when they did the latest update I could no longer add docs in history and this is a large portion of what I do.  I logged a ticket then.  The gentleman who helped me was able to duplicate the problem and let ACT know but it still doesn't work in Chrome, Firefox or Edge.  Smiley Sad  That's the first thing I always try because I really cant stand IE.  ACT is the only thing that I use IE for.

Administrator

Thanks for the information here @ksdc414,

You're completely correct that it's only Internet Explorer that has full functionality for every feature - however testing to see if you're able to log in to other databases on other browsers will help us narrow down the cause, and hopefully find a fix to get you up and running with Internet Explorer.

Please let us know how you get on

Yes, I was able to log on to Chrome, FireFox and Edge.  The logging on issue was with Internet Explorer alone.

Administrator

Hi ksdc414,

Your Act! Premium Cloud server was updated on Saturday. Hopefully this fixed the issue you were experiencing while logging in. Could you please test and let us know?

In regards to the adding documents issue you mentioned with Google Chrome, would you mind letting us know what the issue you were experiencing was exactly? What were you clicking on, and at what point was it not working?